[TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Jul 5 11:03:35 EDT 2016

What I do is connect the choke across the output of a tuner to generate
a CM signal across the winding. Adjust the tuner for a good match to 50
Ohms and drive it from a transmitter. That way you have a
well-controlled experiment.

You can measure the CM voltage across the choke and the current through
it, or calculate them knowing the power output from the Tx.

Steve G3TXQ