[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 163, Issue 22

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 16:36:36 EDT 2016

>>> I got tired of replacing deteriorating black tape and I could never get
ty-wraps to last long enough. So, I used SS worm-type hose clamps. I was
very careful to make them only a *little bit* snug, lest I crush the
cabling. I figure these will last longer than the cable. I did on the mast
and the antenna booms and have never looked back. I have CMCs on each
antenna, but need to add them to the cable end that enters the shack. The
only square material to which I needed to secure cables was rather small and
only a short run. I used only enough pressure on the clamp to make the cable
snug, *not* tight.?
Kim N5OP

In this case I don't want to use metallic material on the boom since the
boom (the bottom half) is part of the feed system.   The manufacturer runs
the feedline along the bottom of the boom and doesn't mention any
repercussions from doing so.  I have the shield of the coax attached to the
bottom of the boom.

John, KK9A suggested the use of Panduit cable ties.  I have Dacron rope that
I could use, but if wet it could provide an RF Path between the two booms.

Jim - KR9U