[TowerTalk] Our declining numbers...

Lloyd Cabral KH6LC at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:38:53 EDT 2016

First, let me apologize for this being a little off base.     The demise of AES has generated

a lot of discussion about our declining numbers.      Actually, what's declining are young

people entering the HF side of our hobby.       That behooves each and every one of us to

do all we can to expose young people to the HF side of our hobby.    Don't hesitate to invite

them in to sit down and operate.     Explain how it all works.     See if the same "spark" that

hooked each of us might be present in them.      If there's an inkling of interest, follow up

with an offer of more assistance.     If that's not possible, please refer them to a club or

individual who might guide them into HF radio.      The future of HF radio depends on it.

Lloyd, KH6LC