[TowerTalk] 20m stack switching question

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 13 23:19:35 EDT 2016

Jim,

I have only a years experience with my 5 over 5 stacks but have observed
that the top antenna only can be much quieter at times.  I haven't
experienced heavy p-static but that is often cited as a reason to select
a lower antenna, as is shorter paths.   Otherwise I'm in BIP mode except
when antennas are in different directions for contests (all are
independent on K0XG rings).  So, extrapolating that to a 3 high stack
rotating tower, I would probably do top only, bottom only, and all.

What I've read agrees that BOP is pretty useless, so I bought stack
matches without that capability.

Grant KZ1W