[TowerTalk] HFTA Disc....

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sat Jul 16 23:42:40 EDT 2016

HFTA has a feature allowing you to actually plot your terrain file, and
maybe that is indeed how you compared the two.  I'd bet that there is a
difference in the "choppiness" of the two plots.  HFTA calculates
dispersion and refraction of the various rays, as well as the secondary
dispersion and reflection of those dispersed/refracted rays.  The
combinations can get pretty intricate.  Sharper edges in the plots would
give different results than smoother transitions ... perhaps
significantly so if the transitions are appreciably sharp relative to a
wavelength.

73,
Dave AB7E