[TowerTalk] Biggest rotor that will fit in a Rohn 25G

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Jul 21 05:18:26 EDT 2016

As for AlphaSpid, go to their site and ask. http://www.alfaradio.ca/

As for winter, tower climbers do work in winter.  I used to climb my
100' 45G when the temps were approaching single digits.
I've shown the following image many times, but working on that array,
involved removing the rotator (PST61) lowering the mast with a
comealong, using a thrust bearing to hold it for safety, loosening the
antenna(s), or removing them/  To replace a thrust bearong
requiredlowering the mast to the point where the top bearing could be
slid off the top.  Reassembly was the same as the original install.

Get in good shape so a minimum of warm clothes are needed. Proper diet,
conditioning, and proper clother are most important in cold weather.
Dressing too warm, can cause as many serious problems as not warm enough.

If you are installing antennas large enough to cause rotator concerns,
it might be a good idea to consider a 45G

73

Roger (K8RI)

---