[TowerTalk] Looking for UST Control Box

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Jul 23 18:25:51 EDT 2016

The Hoffman boxes do depend on a good coat of paint to protect the
surface where the door gasket seals. Mine showed surface rust is less
than 8 years with just the factory primer.

Whether a heavy duty Plastic replacement box, or the Hoffman box (both
can be installed on the tower just like the original., installing the
components can be done in a few minutes with hand tools at a savings of
nearly $900.  With no limit switches, the cost of new components is
around $10 - $15 excluding the electrical box.

I could afford the factory box, ready-to-go, but even with one hand it's
an easy installation.

I'd definitely want limit switches.  They are good insurance.

73

Roger (K8RI)