[TowerTalk] Does prevailing grounding scheme promote large ground loop

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 13:10:54 EDT 2016

 Steve,

The LM723 can probably be used as a "static discharge indicator". I don't know if there is a "hardened" version out now-a-days but I had plenty of (bad) experience with tha IC and would never recommend for anything but, maybe, as a fish lure. Unless it is placed in a circuit with plenty of protective circuitry it gives rise to plenty of reliability problem. The (very) good part is that most of the surrounding parts usually never breaks with it which make trouble shooting easy.

I checked out your place and that looks very, very dry. How do you get any grounding there, a massive, heavy wire mesh over the entire estate?

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS