[TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Fri Jul 29 00:52:50 EDT 2016

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:47:35 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison

That's the first I'd heard from that industry and I'm sure there are
others, but most I talked to over the years didn't use locktite
compounds once NordLocks became available.

I worked in a metal stamping plant (first job) and chemical plants in MI
and KY.  None used LockTite.   I don't know the reasoning.

73

Roger (K8RII)

##  Nordlocks  would be 100X  faster to install.... vs  prepping
bolt and nut threads to  accept the locite goop.   And zero hassles
when it comes time to undo the nut !   Who wants to have to blow torch
nuts and bolts....when RED loctite has been used.   Esp on tower legs, or
anything way up a tower...pita.

Jim   VE7RF