[TowerTalk] Strong FM Station Impact on Antenna Analyzer Use in VHF

Victor Walz N2PP n2pp at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 29 12:01:33 EDT 2016

I have two antenna analyzers:   MFJ-259 and Rig Expert AA-230PRO.

I am having trouble obtaining resonance (low SWR) at 144 MHz with 2
commercially made 144 MHz yagis.  I am wondering if both antenna analyzers
are being adversely impacted by a 50 KW FM station on 107 MHz located about
0.5 miles away.  The antennas are being tested at 35 ft out in the open
supported by a tram.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

My next step is to use a 2 meter HT and an SWR bridge which will probably
answer this question, but I am interested in whether this is a typical
problem with these antenna analyzers.

Vic  N2PP