[TowerTalk] Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 1 14:04:24 EDT 2016

On Wed,6/1/2016 7:10 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> The K7LXC  tests  were for trapped yagis.

Not really -- they were for tri-band Yagis that were popular at the
time. The F12 antennas that were the best performers in both size
classes are NOT trapped.

> Mosley has no clue how to design anything, and still don’t, so its no surprise their heavy, long boomed, trapped yagis get solidly trounced by a f12 2 el monoband yagi.

The C3SS is our favorite "expedition" antenna. Members of our CQP team
owns three of them (NI6T, W6GJB, and me). Glen (GJB) has rebuilt them
mechanically so that they go together very quickly.

73, Jim K9YC