[TowerTalk] Shipping XM-240

Kevin Stover kevin.stover at mediacombb.net
Sun Jun 5 16:46:49 EDT 2016

In my misspent youth I worked in a carpet store.
The roll tubes are designed to allow lifting a heavy roll of carpet,
sometimes 140 square yards or more without punching through the inside
of the tube with the pole attachment on the fork lift.
They were a good 3/8" wall glued up work of art. I haven't seen one lately.

The problem is you won't be able to squeeze an XM-240 in one of them no
matter how you break it down.
The bigger ones were 4" ID, most were less. Then you've got UPS/FedEx 8'
limitation. The tubes were either 12' or 15' length. We used to cut them
with an old cross cut hand saw.