[TowerTalk] PL 259 crimp connectors for RG 400

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 7 14:55:55 EDT 2016

Hi does anyone have any recent experience buying generic PL 259 style crimp connectors for RG 400 style cable and if so could they share their vendor contract info with me ?

My last few batches of generic connectors have had centre pins which are to small for the RG 400 centre conductor.   I would prefer a generic connector for this application vs a pricey name brand one.   I'm making up some patch cords for portable work and they may only last a for a few outings.

I'm using generic RG400 cable which may also be part of the issue.   The cable and connectors were sourced from the same vendor.

Plan B is to simply drill out the centre pins of the connectors that I have.   I already have the RG 400 sized ferrules.

Thanks in advance
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone