[TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Jun 11 20:00:02 EDT 2016

HI Don

I remember some years back, KH6IJ had an article in CQ about stuck
elements.

What he did was take a pair of vice grips and clamp a screwdriver to the
end of the element you are trying to remove with the handle pointing
towards the boom.

Heat the joint and then hit the screwdriver with a hammer to drive it out.
I have done that before and it worked pretty slick.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY