[TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Jun 12 08:49:09 EDT 2016

Put some ice  inside the smaller ID tube, cap the end and apply plenty
of heat to the outer tube while trying to dislodge it. If available, dry
ice is better.  Many Walmart stores used to sell it. The trick is to
heat the outer tube quickly after letting both be chilled by the ice.
If the workpiece will fit in the freezer chill it there before adding
the ice and heating the outer tube. The tubes are often hard to separate
due to some corrosion but that corrosion will partially insulate the
inner tube from the outer tube and helps keep the inner tube cool while
you are heating the outer tube to expand it.

Patrick        NJ5G