[TowerTalk] Wire Clamp

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jun 16 15:27:50 EDT 2016

On Thu,6/16/2016 11:14 AM, AA6DX - Mark wrote:
> Just wondering .. anybody tried these on aerials?

I use a lot of copper split-bolt connectors on wire antennas for both
electrical and mechanical connections. I used to buy in boxes from
McMaster-Carr, which provided a nice quantity price break. I see that
they no longer appear to have quantity price breaks, so they're a lot
more expensive.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#electrical-wire-splices/=12vr4q0

I typically loop the wire through an egg or thimble, then clamp it
twice. When I don't need an electrical connection, I sometimes use
U-clamps.

I wouldn't use split-bolts on structural guys.

73, Jim K9YC