[TowerTalk] Help needed, antenna SWR

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Tue Jun 21 12:35:01 EDT 2016

Thank you for the many replies both on & off list. It appears I will
just have to let things be as they are.

Being on a salt marsh, any storm that raises the salt water level
excessively gets onto the coax at the feed plate and I can't operate
then of course but after it recedes, it then damages the copper coax
braid and those sections have to be replaced ergo "Spring
maintenance".

It was during this time I noticed some higher than remembered SWR
readings at the feed points of the antennas. I just laid out 350'
7/8" of Commscope hardline and figured I may as well address any
possible issues while I can. Between the Deer ticks with Lyme and a
few physical issues, I don't want to have to keep making trips back &
forth to this marsh. Getting old sure sucks at times.

I'll leave it as it is.

Thanks for the kind replies.

73,

Gary