[TowerTalk] Noise Cancelling For 6M

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 21 23:03:04 EDT 2016

On 6/21/16 4:31 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> I've got a strong 6M noise source from a solar system at the edge of my
> property, about 400 ft from my 6M antenna. I want to put a 3-el Yagi at
> it and use it to cancel that noise. Ham noise cancelling hardware that I
> know of is all geared to HF.
>
> Over the years, I've heard of CATV operators using this technique to
> kill on-channel QRM from distant stations, so I'm thinking there must be
> hardware to facilitate that. Anyone know anything about this? Any other
> ideas?

Ultimately, what you need is something with variable phase and amplitude
and a DPDT switch. it doesn't have to be particularly linearly adjustable..

Something like a pot and a variable capacitor might work for the
amplitude adjustment and phase feeding into a power divider of sorts
(cable TV splitter?).