[TowerTalk] Tower Incidents

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Jun 21 23:53:54 EDT 2016

To me, the cable breaking incident points out a failure in procedure as
well as the cable.

How many of us would use our fall arrest gear as a temporary rest
support? I'd hazard a guess and say, none!
"Again, to me" using that cable (a fall arrest gear) equates to using
our fall arrest gear for a temporary rest support. Yes the cable is for
fall arrest, not normal support where I'd use the Y support  for a rest
support.  True, had someone fallen the safety cable would have failed,
most likely leading to a fatality.
Still the point is someone using safety equipment for regular support,
where the Y cable is for climbing.

73

Roger (K8RI)