[TowerTalk] Can I bury rotator cable?

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat Jun 25 09:55:55 EDT 2016

My rotator cable to the southwest tower is buried (250 feet) since
2006. It has some splices, but no problems yet. Each wire at a
splice is twisted and soldered, then wrapped with butyl rubber, then
Scotch Super 88. (I trimmed the length of each wire differently so
no two actual splices overlap) Entire cable in the splice area is
wrapped with butyl rubber, then glue lined heat shrink, then Super
88. The splices are "ugly" but underground no one can see them.

Paul N1BUG