[TowerTalk] To get a truly balanced antenna feed

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sun Jun 26 13:39:46 EDT 2016

Jim,

I'll need to dig back through my lab notebooks to see if I made
measurements on other bands.

A SPICE analysis shows that if you connected that window-line load to
the output of an unbalanced tuner through a 1:1 CM choke balun having a
resistive CM impedance of 5000 Ohms, the dissipation in the choke would
be 6.4W with 100W applied to the system; that's a loss in the choke of
of 0.29dB.

Steve G3TXQ