[TowerTalk] 40M on TH11

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Wed Mar 9 10:48:32 EST 2016

I agree with Dennis that a simple gamma or omega match on the boom
of the TH-11 would give you a decent antenna for 40m, high in the air.

I would suggest using 12ft of 1" 6063 tubing, stood off the boom by
6-10", electrically attached at one end of the boom, running the
full length to the mast clamp. Your tuning unit could be located in
a weatherproof box on the mast.

The pattern may be weird, but the cost would be minimal. Another
option would be to extend the boom in either direction to make a
longer dipole.

73 Bill N4LG