[TowerTalk] tower removal

J. Hunt ki5dq at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 21:27:12 EST 2016

Hello Steve,

Removal of a  "120 ft 25g tower down with a crane" would be of significant risk of structural  damage (buckling and/or twisting), end result.

According to Rohn specifications, that tower type is guyed every 28 - 32', dependent on overall height and wind loading's.

If you want to save the tower sections, the best way of minimal structural damage is one section at a time.

Thanks n 73,
James
ki5dq