[TowerTalk] MASTS

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 15:35:23 EDT 2016

Google says 1.5" EMT is actually 1.75" OD and .065" wall thickness and
yield strength is 35,000 psi.

Putting these numbers in a mast analysis program and using a 7 sq ft wind
load 24" above top of tower, failure happens at a wind speed of 84 mph.
Lowering  to 12" above tower top, failure is at 119 mph.

So, it could be useful in a modest installation.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/15/2016 2:01:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,