[TowerTalk] Unknown Antenna

Timothy A. Holmes taholmes160 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:11:54 EDT 2016

Good Evening Everyone:

This past weekend, I was given an Brand New Still in the wood packing
crate antenna.  I dont yet know what specific model number it is, but
its a 900 series antenna made by Andrew Corporation.  On the instruction
sheet is the following information

Andrew Corporation
363 East 75th Street
Chicago 19
Triangle 4-4400
Telegraph - Andrew Corporation, WUX Chicago
Cable - Andcorp, Chicago, ILL.

There is no date of printing on the instructions, and I am hesitant to
take the parts of the antenna out of the box, as they are still in the
original packaging in there.

- My friend's dad apparently purchased it but never opened it, and it
has sat in my friend's carport ever since -- my friend is 87.

Given the typeography etc, I would suspect that this is a product of the
early to mid 50s, but I dont know for sure

The instructions identify the 900 series of antennas as

25 to 144 MCS folded unipole antenns

I really dont know much about this antenna.  I am curious about its
performance and also what it might be worth on the market as well

If anyone can give me any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

TIM
W8TAH