[TowerTalk] "Magic" length from tower to first insulator

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Mar 17 00:14:53 EDT 2016

It depends on the bands and distance from the antenna. Before I went to
Phillystran, I put the first insulator within 2 to 3 feet of the tower,
then increasing distances
Nothing approaching a quarter wavelength within half to 3/4 of a wave
length,  It was probably overkill, but with Phillystran I quit worrying
about it.

73

Roger (K8RI)