[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: The other end of Phillystran - connections to the tower

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Mar 19 12:47:18 EDT 2016

I just used the 45G guy brackets. There is a through bolt at each
corner. I just put the saddle in the "Big Grips".  The guys were about
10' below the tribander.

I'd be more concerned about RF noise with a direct connection to the
tower, particularly on VHF. When I had steel guys, I could rub a 10"
screwdriver against the guy and create a tremendous hash. This was just
above the insulator isolating the guy from the anchor
The guy connection to the tower  was about 10' below the 2-meter antenna.

I've had no problems on 40 through six.

73

Roger  (K8RI)