[TowerTalk] Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue May 3 16:47:28 EDT 2016

I am not even sure that torque means much. All of the rotator issues that
I have had (broken gears, worn keyways, failed potentiometers, etc)
occured while the station was QRT.

I currently use a small and a medium prop pitch.  The small has a 9576:1
gear ratio and the medium has a 7063:1 ratio.  It is possible that the
small one has the same or more torque than the medium.  Which one is less
likely to break, I would guess the medium.  I think you would be happy
switching to prop pitch rotator and Green Heron controller.

John KK9A