[TowerTalk] excel spreadsheet for calculating moment of inertia

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 11:17:22 EDT 2016

I'm doing a generalized excel spreadsheet for calculating moment of
inertia for a Yagi..

Is there a quasi standard format for specifying the lengths and
diameters of elements and boom position (e.g. what you'd put into EZNEC
or similar).

If someone could send me an example text file (off list, please) I can
make it easy to cut and paste the tedious part into the spread sheet.

For modeling, you typically have a schedule of tapers: the sequence of
diameters are the same for all elements, but the length of each diameter
is different for each element.

What's not in a NEC model (and would have to be entered separately) is
things like:
- fastener mass (rivets, bolts, worm gear clamps)
- overlap of tubing
- boom attachment mass
- matching network

Otherwise, I'll just pick something that seems easy (for me, which might
not be easy for you)

73
W6RMK