[TowerTalk] Update on 40' non-guyed tower question

Gary Huber GLHuber at msn.com
Thu May 5 13:03:10 EDT 2016

If you have not made the Rohn 25 purchase yet, I'd recommend Rohn 45 IF
the antenna or antennas are much larger than a TA-33.  I had a TH-3 on a
bracketed Rohn 25 which bent in strong winds. I (my insurance) replaced
the tower with (insurance money was enough to buy) Rohn 45 from nearby
Hill Radio (WA9GCK). I've had 50 feet of Rohn 45 bracketed to my two
story house and a TH-7 in the air since 1981 or 82. We've had ice and
wind including nearby passing, on the ground tornados.

1. It all depends on the wind load (antenna size), but yes (see above
statement)

2. See http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-gseries-wall-mounts and then click on
"/G-Series Wall Mounts/" to download the PDF

3. See http://www.rohnnet.com/bracketed then click on "G-Series
Bracketed Tower Brochure Download"

I do not receive compensation of any kind from Rohn or their
distributors. I have no association of any kind with Rohn or their
distributors except for Glenn Hill who is a member of the same local
radio club, and being a satisfied customer of Hill Radio and Rohn
products. I can say that Hill Radio may have some very low prices for
Rohn products sold to amateur radio operators. Years ago, I bought
(local) Rohn 45 for the same price as what other are distributors were
selling Rohn 25. YMMV as that was 35 years ago...

73 ES DX,
Gary - AB9M