[TowerTalk] PL 259 Connectors

Timothy A. Holmes taholmes160 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:18:07 EDT 2016

Hi Guys:

I suspect that I am going to start a firestorm with this, but here goes.

I am getting ready to do a big rebuild / expansion on my now 20 foot
tower, its going to 40 or 50.  Part of the project is that I need to re
run some of the coax feedlines.  there will probably be several
questions in different posts to keep things organized (in my mind if no
where else)

What is the best kind of PL 259 connectors to use.  I purchased some
cheap ones at Dayton last year and am NOT happy with them, they dont
seem to hold well nor make exceptional contact -- i suspect they were
just cheap aluminum.  I have easy (20 miles) access to the DXEngineering
store, so their products would be my preference.

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH