[TowerTalk] Rotor Control Cable

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Tue May 10 11:59:47 EDT 2016

Depends on the rotator. The Hy-Gain rotators (from the old Ham-x variety) require heavier conductors to the motor windings. Are the four conductors of the smaller cable the same size as the larger two on the eight-conductor cable? You can lose two conductors (freeing them up to be doubled with the motor-winding leads) by mounting the motor-start capacitor somewhere on the tower (it doesn’t HAVE to be in the control box).

But as Mike said, it would be tedious keeping track of the colour coding. Is your time worth $30?

73, kelly, ve4xt,