[TowerTalk] Connector Protection Grease

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed May 11 15:32:40 EDT 2016

I've never used that particular product, but I have used Silicone
dielectric greases and find they work well.  I used to get the big tube
of DC-4 and 5 compounds for $1.00 ea.  That source is no longer
available. Rather I should say, it no longer exists.

HOWEVER there are some things to keep in mind when using these compounds.
Normally use the grease sparingly unless you plan on "flooding" the
connector.  Flooding only the top connector "might" not be a bad idea as
it keeps moisture that might get in at the antenna from migrating past
that point, but it's normally not recommended to flood all connectors.
The area between the jacket and dielectric (braid area) does breathe
although it's a tiny volume. Nothing will stick to connectors, or coax
jackets that have even a film of silicone on them.

73,

Roger  (K8RI)