[TowerTalk] Connector Protection Grease

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Wed May 11 19:53:52 EDT 2016

Another good  compound is CorrosionBlock made by Lear Chemical Research.
I've used it for years here on the salt water in all of my connectors, pins
and threads. Was put on to it originally by the folks at Englund Marine who
supply the N CA, OR and WA fishing fleets. Commonly used in the fleet
electrical/electronic connectors/connections. Have yet to have a connector I
couldn't take apart as easily as the day it was first installed. Probably
available at most marine supply stores. Comes in a grease, liquid and spray
form. Besides its nonconductive and other good properties it won't wash out
in the torrential rains we get each winter with all the salt in it. If
needed it can be 'removed', unlike silicone greases.

Don W7WLL