[TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Thu May 12 17:56:39 EDT 2016

Jerry,

I fully understand.
I have been soldering PL-259's for years, like most of us
here on the forum.  I do crimped connectors too.   Took me awhile
to convince myself that a crimped connection was reliable, and it is.
But, I also get the iron out and solder PL-259's.
My elmer taught me how to solder a PL-259 when I became a novice in
1957.  I've soldered
many a connector since then.  It is very interesting for me to hear
about the different approaches.
The point I am attempting to make here is that our objective isn't
necessarily to rank different
connection approaches.  Just sharing our experience with PL-259 connectors.
This discussion may go on and on as many do on the reflector.  This is
what we do :-)

73,
Bob
K6UJ