[TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 20:11:06 EDT 2016

TT'ers

 I have gravitated  from soldering fully PPL 259's.   I  did all the pre tinning the braid, enlarging the  solder holes on the  body  and  have an excellent  soldering iron.......  But the Crimping method  has bitten me... >From LMR 400  RG 213, RG 214, and  RG 400  & 142 B.
 both  PL 259 and BNC .....  I guess I am Half Butted Because I have not dive in fully and   get the silver connectors with the soldered center conductor.

on another note some one wrote the Joel @ RF connections sell  inferior  connectors... he sell a complete line from  cheap off shore   items to
mill spec. silver Teflon.... Let you wallet be your GUIDE

Wayne   W3EA