[TowerTalk] Force 12 20M Monobander

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 07:52:58 EDT 2016

Playing  with antennas, and tweaking there design  are  one of the  facets that many of us enjoy in this Hobby
or as my wife says Sickness !

    I  would also  like to see a  apple to apple  comparisons of available Mono band antennas.
A daunting task for sure.   Most of us  just stuck examining   the designing   and tweaking antennas
With  software  !

Dean Straw  N6BV among others over the years had tweaked the famed  and popular Hi Gain monoband antennas.
W2PV had a enlightening  papers on yagi antennas, with the famous PV4  ...
Tom Schiller N6BT and the F-12 shed more light on in fully insulated elements, ( Cell design ) and wide band 50 OHM
 feed impedance.  His Book Array of light is a Must read IMO ( thanks K9RS for the hint ).
Then  reading WA3FET's papers another must read .  Last but not least
Justen Johnson  G0KSC   with his website and  info on OWA, OWl  LFA antennas.
many of the newer products of F-12 are  a celebrative of his design,

  Many of this  info is  for the Roll you own crowd ,  But gives you an incite as to what's  happening and why
in your own  backyard.

 There was a comment about the tried and true  HI Gain 204BA     out of the BOX compered to the newly  developed
computer designed  antennas.   But I am hear to tell you I know of 3 active  contester with a wall full of ARRL and CQ award plaques
both Phone and CW   using these little  compact antennas.... and there Power handling capability  of 1.5 KW
WOW  That's  THE "  legal Limit " and a stack of 2 of these guys   give you a BIG bang for you $

 Wayne W3EA

 d> To: towertalk at contesting.com