[TowerTalk] PL259 Cobbectors Part 2 - Murray W9EHQ

Jerry Gardner jerryw6uv at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:11:51 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:10 AM, JOHN POWELL <john.powell at kinect.co.nz>
 wrote:

> I have accessed Murray's You Tube production by using Google Search
> facilities, entering "PL-259 connector installation W9ehq". Bingo
> straight to the You Tube item. Very interesting and informative.

And complete overkill. How many tools did he use in that video? Soldering
iron, razor blade, air compressor, Dremel tool, file, pliers, dikes. I
especially like how he cuts through the tinned braid and dielectric by free
handing a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel--I'll bet your average ham would
have no problems with that move. ;-)

I'm perplexed, but not really surprised, that hams still insist on using
this kind of backwoods engineering when a better way has been available for
decades. I guess old habits die hard.

73,
Jerry