[TowerTalk] PL259 Cobbectors Part 2 - Murray W9EHQ

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri May 13 21:31:05 EDT 2016

I'm miles from water, but the air or rain eats solder like candy around
here.  Even with 3 coats of clear Krylon, the solder connections on my
C3i antennas dissolve every few years.

OTOH Why would any connector used out doors fail faster than inside.
Doesn't everyone weather proof them?  I either go the flooded heat
shrink, self vulcanizing tape, or coax seal. I can't imagine any
connector not protected outdoors.

Regardless of type, mine look like new when I take them down, unless
they were hit by lightning,
Of course, they may have some glue, tape, or coax seal stuck to them,
but they are well protected..

73

Roger (K8RI)