[TowerTalk] Lightning Damage, Crane used to replace Orion Positioner

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat May 14 20:17:29 EDT 2016

On 05/14/2016 06:18 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
> It has been my experience that disconnecting everything and putting the
> plugs on the floor works.

As hams it often comes down to doing what you're comfortable with,
but...

In 2007 I took a small hit to one of my towers. Lightning jumped a 3
to 4 foot gap between disconnected coax cables and equipment. It
also jumped a 3 foot gap between disconnected electrical cords and
wall receptacles. I picked up charred and smoking pieces of circuit
boards from the floor after the event.

Paul