[TowerTalk] Tower maintenance person wanted - MN

Alan Swinger awswinger at earthlink.net
Sun May 15 17:34:01 EDT 2016

Steve - Response per your two bullets:
- UST's tech did the cable/pulley replacement in 2010. I have all the replaced pulleys should I need them - they are all good per the tech who did the work. Cost for the job then was ~$2500 since the tech did another 4-5 jobs in the area and I got UST (Gary Smith - and/or bosses) to agree to spread the Tech's tvl costs. Latest est to send a tech here (no other jobs) to re-cable my twr is $7500!! I have the cable kit (($313)

- I am with you on the Psych matter - more of a Driver for me than the physics/mechanics of the cables.

- That said, I and all the rest of us who have US Towers and other crank-up towers need a qualified tech source to change out the Cables if and when they need it!

Surely there is a company and/or group of persons out there that can do this work at a more reasonable cost than what I have been quoted by US Tower!!?

Pls respond and 73,

Alan Swinger K9MBQ
Charlottesville, VA