[TowerTalk] Sealing WD1A wire ends

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Thu May 26 00:11:22 EDT 2016

Hi Gents,

I'm planning to use single strands (i.e. half a pair) of the
2-conductor Military Surplus "WD-1a" wire for a lot of radials.

I know that there are 3 steel stands and 4 copper strands
in each conductor.  Obviously, it is "mandatory" to keep
water from wicking inside the insulation and doing some
real damage!!

My question is "what works" or what "has worked" for
you to seal the cut wire ends?  I would need something
that's not going to pull off or rub off because I plan on
anchoring the wire ends to the ground with a tool and hammer.

Some ideas here...Maybe crimp-on end caps with some
silicone or grease inside?   "Flooded" heat shrink tubing?
Other Ideas?  Suggestions?

TNX,
Charlie, N0TT