[TowerTalk] Change in Frequency with Height above Ground

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri May 27 07:45:33 EDT 2016

Tuning an antenna close to the ground is a waste of time. You cannot
predict what the SWR will be at your final height.

John KK9A

To:	towertalk at contesting.com
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency with Height above Ground
From:	Bob K6UJ <k6uj at pacbell.net>
Date:	Thu, 26 May 2016 20:53:05 -0700

That's interesting Jim. I remember looking at a graph of the impedance
change of a dipole at various heights. It doesn't like being very close to
the ground, hihi.

Don,
FWIW,
With my 2 el 40 meter beam I found that if I tuned it for resonance
suspended at 15 feet above the
ground then it shifted (went up) about 20khz when raised to 90 feet.

Bob
K6UJ