[TowerTalk] Crowd sourcing ideas on making antennas look better

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Tue Nov 1 01:46:39 EDT 2016

Large test and instrument manufacturers using aluminum chassis construction,
such as Tektronix and HP among others. including military equipment
manufacturers, used chromate conversion coating (CCC) for several reasons,
the majors ones being:

    Requirement for high electrical conductivity.

    Finish appearance (clear or yellow/green)

    Resistance to corrosion

For military applications the aluminum conversion coating used by Tektronix
went by the name 'yellow iridite' as I recollect.

I'd bet most of those on this reflector have encountered this gold hued
coating on aluminum in any surplus military equipment in the shack.

Not sure how many metal processing houses have CCC capability but something
to think about.

Don W7WLL