[TowerTalk] Source of mineral oil for dummy loads in Canada?

George VE3YV ve3yv at pathcom.com
Thu Nov 3 13:22:22 EDT 2016

Mike - My local pharmacy had it in 1 L containers. One bottle was enough for
a (300 wt) dummy load.  For the 3.8 L (aka 1 US gallon) paint can, you'll
need almost 4.  Ask pharmacist about bulk size or try a agricultural
supplies store: mineral oil is used as a laxative for cattle (as well as
people in smaller doses).  GL

73, George VE3YV

Where are VE's buying their mineral oil for their dummy loads?

I have visited several of the more popular local stores here lately and
other than a tiny 250ml or slightly larger bottle, can't seem to find
mineral oil in any kid of jug or big bottle.

I need to fill a "paint can type" of DL..

Where did you buy yours in Canada?