[TowerTalk] Stacked 4-squares?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 18:39:05 EDT 2016

On 11/3/16 2:06 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
> Has anyone used a Stackmatch (for example) to phase / stack more than one
> 4-square array? (like 2, 3 or 4 arrays)
>
> (or perhaps ‘stack’/phase a 4-square with a yagi)
>

> I know it’s been done with Rhombics and Beverages, but never heard of it
> with 4-squares.
>

> I am primarily interested in this on 10, 15 or possibly 20m.  I’ve run out
> of woods to do any of this on the lower bands.40-80-160m
>

> I already sense that however I arranged the arrays, it would only be
> advantageous in 2 primary directions 180º apart.  Luckily, that’s probably
> NE and SW (for me)

are you thinking about having an array of arrays?  with, e.g. two
4square arrays 100 meters apart?

You will get the same 4 directions, with more gain.  You also have the
potential to get other directions.

Another thing you might consider is a hex or 8 array..

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/Experimentation/HexArray/HexBack.htm