[TowerTalk] Stacked 4 squares

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Fri Nov 4 00:21:58 EDT 2016

The 80 meter stacked 4 squares at K3LR are one of our very best antenna
systems.

73,
Tim K3LR

Tim K3LR does something similar Mike.

>From www.k3lr.com  :

The antenna is two full size, self-supporting (23 meters tall x eight
towers), phased, 4 squares that are spaced 5/8 wavelength apart (broadside
to Europe). The squares can be fed broadside (45 and 255 degrees) or end
fire (135 and 315 degrees). 31,000 meters of radials with two Comtek
Systems Hybrids and a custom K3LR designed splitter switch. The operator
can select one or two 4 squares in each direction. The radio is a Icom
IC-7851 with a Alpha 77DX single 8877 amplifier

73,
Larry K4AB

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca