[TowerTalk] Magic Length for 160-40 vertical?

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:29:02 EDT 2016

I have suspended a T antenna from two 50' foot towers and a 50'drop
wire...adjust the T to give a good match on 1.8 against ground. (A few
radials will do.  Them with two additional drop wires on insulators off
set on the T one cut to length for 3.5 and angled to the same feed
point...and another for 40 meters....You can get some on 160-40 that
preforms well with a modest ground radial system.  I made mine from THNN
wire and even put in some CAT 5 Cables of various lengths.  Not the best
RX antenna here but it works well on TX.

Herb, KV4FZ