[TowerTalk] Walmart coax

Michael OBrien k0myw at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 10 16:14:20 EST 2016

FWIW, I have had great luck purchasing more traditional (non-ham) big-ticket items online from Walmart.com and having the merchandise delivered to a local Walmart store for my pickup, thus saving shipping charges.

However, one thing to watch is whether the item you're purchasing is being sold by Walmart or by a third party through Walmart.com. The only problem I ever experienced involved a purchase that actually was from a third party -- and when a problem developed, Walmart said they were unable to do anything about it. I was forced to deal with the third party, and the experience wasn't pleasant.

I'm not warning against purchasing coax from a third party via Walmart.com. I'm just saying that if there is any hitch, Walmart may not be of any assistance in resolving it. And returning a defective item to the Walmart store may not be allowed if it came from a third party via Walmart.com.

If you read the fine print in the online product listings, you will see a "sold by" notice telling from whom you are purchasing.

Overall, I have been very pleased in my dealings with Walmart.com.

de k0myw