[TowerTalk] Update 2 DXE 8 element Circle array problem

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Nov 10 22:36:38 EST 2016

After testing each active element I found two that were not working very
well....not much amplification and one that is about 10db on my s meter
too hot.

The two that were low I found that the chassis mount F connector had
been twisted, and the ground legs had been spun off. Cause.......over
tightening of the coax to the unit.  I have not replaced those
connectors yet, but I hope that is all that is wrong.  If you notice the
chassis connector trying to turn STOP! as you will break this connector
inside.  I think there is a tool that allows you to grab the connector
and hold it from turning.

I have not opened the hot unit.  I hope that is a case where the gain
jumper was placed wrong.  I hope to get to that this weekend.

I also replaced every F connector that plugs into the main control unit
not for retraction but because the middle was protruding too much.  I
have no clue how that happened unless I put the connectors on when it
was frigid.

W0MU